How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dylatess Your Own Question
Dylatess, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  36 plus years consumer law practice
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dylatess, Lawyer, I asked you about doing a lien strip at the

Customer Question

Dylatess, Lawyer, I asked you about doing a lien strip at the same time a 90 day suspension of payments. You verified that that was ok. The new question is can I do a making home affordable modification while at the same time a 90 day suspension. I believe the home affordable mortgage requires current payments for one year. I haven't applied for the home affordable modification yet. Haven't stripped the 2nd yet. I'm supposed to go to court on the 18th on the payment suspension.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. For over 32 years, I have answered questions just like yours. And I look forward to assisting you.
No you cannot as the home affordable mortgage act requires that if you are in a chapter 13, that you are current in your chapter 13 payments.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Therefore then, I'd need to cancel the suspension if I want to do the modification. The monies haven't been suspended yet.
Expert:  Dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Yes, that is correct.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you think I could get the modification, then do the suspension. Or perhaps, just push for the lien strip. The BK attorney doesn't seem to have done many lien strips. May need to go to another attorney to do one. It would be a shame to have paid so much to this attorney to then have to get another BK attorney to do the lien strip and pay them. I guess I would have to pay a new attorney out of my pocket. The current one has some of the payments taken out of the plan for his payment.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you know how long it takes to go through a making home affordable modification?
Expert:  Dylatess replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can I do a modification and then suspension or if I really need suspension, would just a lien strip work by itself to help give me some mortgage relief? My first is more than the comps and then I have the second on top of that.
Expert:  Dylatess replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry but you are posting a new question and not a follow up question. Please post your question as a new question and you can request my assistance.

Please rate my answer ok or better so that I am compensated. Thanks.
Dylatess and 2 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Let me know if you want me to open and ask this question to someone else. It doesn't allow me to rate for some reason. I've tried in the past.
Expert:  Dylatess replied 4 years ago.
I did answer. Please check.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions