DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Successful consumer advocate.
17924466

Frederick Hanna law firm got a judgment on me back in 2009

Frederick Hanna law firm got a judgment on me back in 2009 for a credit card debt in the amount of $2100.00 I managed to pay them $1300.00 and that left me with a balance of $800.00 which i never got to pay. I have all the receipts from Hanna. 2 weeks ago I received a continuing garnishment letter from another law firm in the amount of $2900.00. Is this legal, also i have already paid more than 50% on this account and also where are they getting $2900.00 from. I have filed a traverse and now wondering how I can dismiss this judgement if possible.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. The $800 grew to $2900 likely due to legal fees from the new firm in connection with taking over the account and pursuing you for payment. It is legal for the fees associated with the judgment to increase due to interest and collection fees, including legal fees. To invalidate the claim of $2900 you would need to request an audit on the acct to reveal how they arrived at $2900 understanding that they cannot claim fees for work not actually rendered on the account. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.