MDLaw
MDLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in consumer litigation and FDCPA matters
16277701

Hello, I have a Burnham furnace that has a 10 year warranty

Hello, I have a Burnham furnace that has a 10 year warranty against cracking boiler . the Boiler cracked after 6 years use. I contacted Burnham corporation and the refuse to give me a replacement
Hello and thank you for using the JA website. Please remember that this site is intended to provide general legal information only.

Did they give you a reason as to why they were not honoring the warranty?

What is your legal question? In other words, what legal information are you seeking?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

BURNHAM TOLD ME THE BOILER "CORRODED" AND IT IS NOT COVERED FOR THAT. I HAVE STUDIED METALLURGY AND HAVE EXPLAINED THAT CAST IRON DOES NOT "CORRODE' IT IS A FERRIS METAL AND CAN ONLY RUST THEY BLAME ME FOR THE WATER IN THE BOILER I TOLD THEM, YOU CANNOT RUN A BOILER WITHOUT WATER. I AM A CERTIFIED EXPERT ON BOILER OPERATION BY THE NYC FIRE DEPARTMENT. BURNHAM TOLD ME I WOULD HAVE TO SHIP THE BOILER TO THEM FOR INSPECTION. THEY ARE IN YOUNGSTOWN OHIO. I AM IN NYC. IT APPEARS THEY HAVE HAD MANY COMPLAINTS OF WARRANTY FAILURES THEY CANNOT HONOR THEM WITH A RECALL. MY LEGAL QUESTION IS HOW CAN I SUE THEM DIRECTLY TO EXPEDITE GETTING A REPLACEMENT? I ADDED MY NAME TO THE CLASS ACTION THAT I FOUND ON LINE BUT THAT MAY TAKE YEARS FOR ANY MOVEMENT.

Generally, once you add yourself to a class action suit, you are agreeing not to sue individually. Therefore, if you want to sue them individually, you would need to contact the attorney representing the class action and see if you can still opt out of being a part of the class action..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I read your reply.

Thanks

Gene

You are most welcome and if you have any follow-ups, please feel free to let me know!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am thinking could I file complaints better business bureau and Attorney General's office here in NYC for not honoring warranty . If so how do I proceed? Can you provide the information to contact them? I also have the CD disc of the small claims case to proceed with an appeal. I listened to it on my computer, I now need to get it to get it printed out on a paper hard copy. I do not want to spend thousands of dollars with a transcriber. Do you have any information to help me get this done for minimal cost?

Thanks

Gene

Hi. It seems that the latter question is a new question and so the site requires you to post that as a new question, unfortunately.

With respect to the BBB and AG, here is their contact info:

http://www.ag.ny.gov/

http://newyork.bbb.org/

Let me know if that helps!