How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DCrane Law Your Own Question
DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Successful consumer advocate.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
DCrane Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am being sued over credit card debt in the state of Texas.

Resolved Question:

i am being sued over credit card debt in the state of Texas. I am certain but need paper proof that there has been NO activity on this account in over 4 years therefore over the Statute of Limitations per this state I believe. I responded to suit and denied all questions and asked the Plaintiff for verification of Date of Last Activity and Original Documentation. He wrote back and said it was verified but did not provide any papers or dates accordingly. What do I do now?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  DCrane Law replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Your next step would be to file a motion for summary judgment citing the applicable statute of limitations (4 years). Please let me know if you need additional guidance or have any follow up questions.
DCrane Law and 2 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions