DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Successful consumer advocate.
17924466

i am being sued over credit card debt in the state of Texas.

i am being sued over credit card debt in the state of Texas. I am certain but need paper proof that there has been NO activity on this account in over 4 years therefore over the Statute of Limitations per this state I believe. I responded to suit and denied all questions and asked the Plaintiff for verification of Date of Last Activity and Original Documentation. He wrote back and said it was verified but did not provide any papers or dates accordingly. What do I do now?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  DCrane Law replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Your next step would be to file a motion for summary judgment citing the applicable statute of limitations (4 years). Please let me know if you need additional guidance or have any follow up questions.