Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

this concerns false debt report to credit reporting on purpose.

Customer Question
I had a phone/voice mail...
this concerns false debt report to credit reporting on purpose. I had a phone/voice mail account pre-paid for 3 months. After 1.5 months started billing inaccurately. I have never got any responsne except e-mail saying he was personally report info to 3 credit,I took this as a personal vendetta. I called at first wrong billing and they turnred off phone #with 1.5 months still pre-paid after they hung up on me 2x . I have sent many e-mails. They ended our business deal for non-performance at not keeping phone on for 3 pre-paid months. pre-paid service. They are billing for re-connection fees, which I never requested and have on billing a notice to end service takes 30 day notice. I do not want my credit showing this fraudulent bsd debt. If they did above what should I do? Should I pay bill to save credit and sue later? What if they keep billing for not giving any service?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/1/2012
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 5 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

What is the total amount that is being reported delinquent by this company?
just under $100 . I live in LA ,CA They sold me a ca #, but they bill/ are in AZ.
Thank you for your follow up.

You can dispute these reports by this company with all the three credit bureaus and if this company does not verify the report within 30 days the report will be automatically deleted.

Also, I would suggest that you do write a detailed dispute letter to this company and state all the facts and send it to the company by certified mail with return receipt requested for your records.

It is more than likely that once you dispute this charge/bill in writing, that this company will make proper adjustments.
What if they refuse to accept certified letter? Does e-mail count as legal notice. Also when did my responsibility to them end at denial of servive tho pre-paid. Should I pay to avoid credit report. Can I sue AZ address in ca court, they are doing business in ca?
Thank you for your follow up.

You can send your letter by regular and certified mail.

It might be a practically good idea to pay this small amount to avoid any credit issues.

You can sue this companu in CA court, as long as they are doing business in Arizona and are billing you for the service in CA.

do

i still need to do 30 day notice or was that done when they turned of pre-paid service

Thank you for your follow up.

Which 30 days notice are you referring to?
The bills say to terminate service I have to notify in writing 30 days prior. Does their denial of pre-paid service void this requirement .Does e-mails count toward this notice/
Thank you for your follow up.

I would suggest a written 30 days termination notice for you to mail by certified mail and regular mail, just to be absolutely certain that this company will not claim that a proper notice was never given to them by you.
They are still billing me for service but have provided none.Should I keep paying bills with no service
Thank you for your follow up.

I would suggest that you provide a written notice of termination and also dispute these bills and you can also file a lawsuit in the small claims court against this company.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law