J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Lawyer
Experience:  Extensive experience with contract, debtor/creditor, and consumer law.
15393114

When a doctor/clinician is notified that a complaint has been

When a doctor/clinician is notified that a complaint has been made against them are they also told the name of the person who complained?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 5 years ago.

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

Yes. While the doctor/clinician may not be expressly told at the first notice of an investigation, the identity of the complainant will become known early on in the process.

J.Hazelbaker :

As part of the investigative process the investigator will interview the doctor/clinician and ask detailed questions about the complainant's allegations.

J.Hazelbaker :

When the complaint involves treatment of the complainant, the investigator's request for the complainants full records will be an indication of identity.

J.Hazelbaker :

The investigative process presumes that the identify of the complainant will be disclosed.

J.Hazelbaker :

Here's a consumer guide to the Connecticut process:

J.Hazelbaker :

http://www.ct.gov/dph/lib/dph/facility_licensing_and_investigations/pdf/consumer_guide.pdf

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.