Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

iF I OFFER TO GET A LOAN TO PAY FULL RESTITUTION CAN THEY STILL

Customer Question
PROSECUTE ME....
iF I OFFER TO GET A LOAN TO PAY FULL RESTITUTION CAN THEY STILL PROSECUTE ME.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
3/1/2012
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 5 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Absolutely. Being able or willing to pay restitution has nothing to do with whether or not a crime was committed or you can be prosecuted.

You generally want to hold back and not offer to pay restitution until you can use it to get a deal worked out and if you don't have a lawyer get one so that they can try and work out the deal. If you try and work it out then they can use anything you say against you if you have to go to trial.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
i HAVE NOT FORMOLLY BEEN CHARGED. dO USUGGEST I STILL GET AN ATTORNEY
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer