DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Successful consumer advocate.
17924466

Hi I live in Kansas,and I recently purchased a used car from

Hi I live in Kansas,and I recently purchased a used car from a major car company.the auto report stated that the car was in top shap with no prior damage or defects.started having problems with cars front end ,some vibration coming from the front,and also water leaking in on. The same side.when I contacted the dealer they said that that happens some time that damage does'nt get reported.and I also made a trip to the dealer and asked once again if they fixed the car after the accident and they said that they had no record of the car ever being in there shop.so not satisfied with there answer.i filed a complaint with the BBB and the state attorney general. And they finally come clean with the truth.and also the person who traded the car into them also reminded them that the car was in an accident and that they where the ones that repaired it.they lied to me several times before I did file the complaints.they are offering me a settlement of the 1,500 dollars and fixing the car.did they committe fraud and now are trying to get out of it as cheap as possible and without any recourse. Thanks for any answers you may be able to give .Dallas S in kansas
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  DCrane Law replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Yes, they did commit and fraud and 1500 to release them or liability for the fraud or otherwise not report them to the government is a very nominal sum. You should request at least $5000/