Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

We re-fied with RBC Centura in 2002. they in turn sold the…

Customer Question
We re-fied with RBC Centura...
We re-fied with RBC Centura in 2002. they in turn sold the contract to Wells Fargo. I requested a copy of the contract from Wells fargo today. they informed me that they did not have the original contract, to contact RBC. How do I go about doing that? We Also know that we contracted for life/accident coverage on the mortgate & Wells Fargo has no record of the original transaction.
thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/25/2012
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 6 years ago
Fran-mod
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
No answer yet.
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 6 years ago
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Andrea, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Hi, and Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I am sorry you had to wait for an Answer. Normally a customer receives an Answer within minutes of posting their question.

My name is Andrea, I am an Attorney and would be glad to help

You should contact RBC Centura, the original lender in your transaction. Inform them that you contacted Wells Fargo and requested a copy of the assignment from them to Wells Fargo as welll as a copy of the life/accident insurance you obtained when you were dealing with them and that Wells Fargo did not have either one and told you to contact RBC, and that is why you are contacting them. You should also inform them that you would appreciate the information from them and not give you a "run around" answer telling you to go back to Wells Fargo. RBC Centura should have this information in their archives because they do not just "throw away" this information simply because they assigned the loan to another financial institution.

Even if you are on a subscription plan or have made a deposit to JustAnswer, you still need to click ACCEPT for my Answer(s) before I can receive credit for assisting you. Thank you for your understanding

Please be kind enough to press "ACCEPT", otherwise I do not get paid anything at all

POSITIVE FEEDBACK and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are appreciated

Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer