Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I sold an phone on ebay.com ( PayPal company ) and I received…

Customer Question
I sold an phone on...
I sold an phone on ebay.com ( PayPal company ) and I received my money on paypal.com . after a received the money I shipped the phone by usps mail service i have the tracking # XXXXX it show that he receive it , and on October 31 ,2011 the buyer receive the phone and send me email that he get the phone ( i have the email ) . on January 10 , 2012 the buyer open charge back case throw his credit card company , so PayPal but a hold on my money . I contact paypal.com and i told them that i have every think that he receive the phone they said we have access to all your communication and we have the information we need to fight for you and the refuse to give me the other gay credit card company to try to call and get it fix .and on Feb. 16 , 2016 they said the close it if favor of the buyer . PayPal have something called seller protection against people like that guy .. there are any way i can get my money back ??
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/24/2012
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 6 years ago
This is a common scam on eBay with paypal. In fact, I have actually been involved and the victim of the similar scam. Paypal always claims the buyer wins, it requires you to present evidence to them and appeal their decision that the phone was exactly as advertised and you sent a working phone and the fact it was received and was as ordered. You need to contact paypal and continue to dispute their decision and you need to pull up their phone number and call them as well as dispute their final decision online through their appeals process. If that fails, I am afraid you would have to sue the buyer and file a police complaint for theft against him in the place where the buyer is located.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

the buyer not in usa , and he didn't file the case on paypal he did it on his credit card company ? is there are any way i can get my money by law ? from paypal becouse the transaction hapen on paypal . can i file a case aginast paypal in small claims court ??
You would have to complete your appeals to paypal and sending them all of your proof and then after you exhaust your appeals with paypal you can consider suing them but if you read your paypal agreement you have to sue them in CA, which is why so many people never do sue them.