Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

i was looking over my credit report and saw that i had owed…

Customer Question
i was looking over my...
i was looking over my credit report and saw that i had owed some money to a collection agency. i found out that was three previous medical bills that somehow never got reperted to the insurance companies. they're in 2007 2008 and 2009 and they won't give me the paperwork so i can talk with my insurance companies. needless to say the conversation with the debt collecter went bad and i'm willing to possibly pay a lawyer to help me resolve these matters. the longest one went to the collection agency legal department for a summons
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/24/2012
Consumer Protection Lawyer: DCrane Law, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. What question can I answer for you?
how do i obtain the bill so i can go deal with the insurance companies
You would contact the insurance companies in writing with a request for a final statement of accounting reflecting the balance now due.
the bills are from overlake hospital and never over to the insurance companies and hence this is where my problem lies now
+-]
Thank you for the clarification, have you contacted the hospital and/or the respective practices to request a written explanation as to why the claim was never submitted?