Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

i bought a 2011 ford f150 4x4 and i had promblems when it changes…

Customer Question
i bought a 2011 ford...
i bought a 2011 ford f150 4x4 and i had promblems when it changes gears from first to second gear only it is automatic alexander ford told me the computer needed to be reflash they did it didnt fix it that time they told me to bring it back on monday but i didnt have time but i called them set up for tuesday the said the transmisson mount was the promblem so they put a new on there but its doing the same thing they told me to bring it back they have to try something else it been there since monday afternoon 2/20/12 they still havent figer out whats wrong ithink it might be a lemon i told the sales manager i just wanted my down payment back that was 4,000 thousand cash but i also traded my 2008 ford f150 truck but they paid it off so i only want to know what i need to do
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/22/2012
Consumer Protection Lawyer: DCrane Law, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
DCrane Law
DCrane Law, Lawyer
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. When did you purchase the vehicle?
january 30,2012 the trasmisson is a automatic when you drive it the transmisson acts like you drove across a bunch of speed bumps it only does it when it changes from firstgear to second gear thats the only gears it does it in it might be better tell like a wash tub cause you might understand it a better
Thank you, in order to be considered a lemon, the vehicle must unsuccessfully go through the same repair three times without cure, this includes different repairs for the same cure.

Further,a lemon law claim is against the manufacturer,not the dealer.
Per 8-205A a motor vehicle dealer or authorized dealer may not be made a party to a lemon law suit.

You do have a claim against the dealer for failure to properly cure the vehicle of the defect,this would be a claim of negligence. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.