Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My neighbors had a mobile home that was included in a chapter…

Customer Question
My neighbors had a mobile...
My neighbors had a mobile home that was included in a chapter 7 bankruptcy but they made payments on it for a while and then they let a sister take over payments and the finance company agreed to do it.Well the sister got 3 months behind on the payments and just wanted to let the house go,then my neighbors knew I needed a place to live so they asked me if I wanted to take over the payments and finish paying it off .Well the finance company agreed for me take over payments and they wanted the sister out because she was always getting behind,so I paid $1,160.00 to catch up the payments and I gave the sister 1 month to leave,but she would not leave so being that house had been bankrupted on I told the bank that she would not leave ,they did not seem to care,so I stopped making payments,5 months went by and finnaly the finance company made her get out and put it up for auction. Do I have a case against the sister or the finance company.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/18/2012
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Attorney 1, Attorney replied 6 years ago
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney

Attorney 1 :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer! I am a licensed attorney and will be happy to assist you. Please remain online while I prepare your response.

Attorney 1 :

If you had a legal interest in the property, whether as an owner or as a paying tenant, you at one time had the option of bringing an eviction proceedings against the sister who would not leave (if you had ownership rights) or calling the police in any event, as the sister was a trespasser. The bank, as the lender, has the right to sell the property if payments are not being made. There is no liability against them. It is possible that you have a cause of action against the sister for trespass, for the period of time between the date you informed her that she was trespassing and instructed her to leave, and the date she actually did leave. You may be able to recover the money that by suing the sister in small claims court.

Attorney 1 :

Best of luck!

If you need more information, just let me know and I will be happy to continue to assist you.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­__________________________________________________________________

If I have answered your question, please click the green "ACCEPT" button.

Clicking the green “ACCEPT” button will not cause you to incur any additional expense, and it is the only way that an expert gets paid for providing assistance, even if you have made a deposit or have a monthly subscription.

Bonuses are always welcome and very much appreciated.

I leave positive feedback for all accepted answers.

Positive feedback helps customers get quick responses to future questions.

If you would like me to assist you with additional questions, in the future, please begin new questions with “FOR ATTORNEY 1” so that the question is sent to me.

Thank you!!

____________________________________________________________________

This communication contains general information, only, and does not constitute the provision of legal advice. Information provided herein is not intended to replace a detailed legal consultation, and does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Customer :

ok

Attorney 1 :

Good luck!

Attorney 1
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney