Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

If I invested money with an online company that was going to

If I invested money with an online company that was going to handle all details for me with regard to building a website but I decided I wanted to cancel the arrangements within days after the contract was signed, is it possible to get any of my money back?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
If you signed a contract, the courts hold people liable for contracts they sign. There is no automatic or legal right to cancel contracts of this nature and thus, unless the contract specifies terms under which it may be cancelled you are going to be bound to the contract. This is one of the main reasons people use contracts, to prevent parties from backing out of deals they made. Therefore, unless the company agrees to allow you out of the contract, you will be bound by it.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”