Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

WHAT DOES filed claim with government on my credit report

Customer Question
WHAT DOES "filed claim with...
WHAT DOES "filed claim with government" on my credit report: MEAN
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
2/24/2011
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Maverick, Lawyer replied 6 years ago
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

From what I can tell "claim filed with government" means that if you are due an income tax refund, you won't be getting it because the collection company has asked the government to directly apply the refund as payment toward your loan.

If you need more clarification or follow up information, please feel free to write back as there is no extra charge. Otherwise, please click on the ACCEPT button. Even if you have put in your payment information, I receive no credit for my time unless you press "ACCEPT".

Sometimes the law does not give you the outcome that you may have anticipated. Please understand that this is not the attorney's fault. We are assuming that you are paying for an honest and professional opinion.

Please know that there may be a delay between your follow up question and my answers because I may be helping other customers in the meantime. Rest assured, I will get back to you.

If you feel that I went an extra step to help, a bonus would be greatly appreciated!

This information is provided so you may better discuss legal issues with your attorney. Consult a local attorney for legal advice before acting. You may be able to find an attorney in your area to further assist you at http://www.martindale.com/ or at http://www.lawyers.com/ .

You can always request me for a future question by starting your new question with "This question is for Maverick".

Maverick
Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer