Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

Buyer's Remorse Law Does arizona have a Buyer's Remorse Law

Buyer's Remorse Law Does arizona have...
Buyer's Remorse Law
Does arizona have a Buyer's Remorse Law
I wrote a check for a car 5pm sunday night and wanted to change my mind due to fanancial reasons .. What can i do?
1/24/2011
RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Lawyer
RGMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

RGMacEsq :

No. There is no right to cancel your purchase of a new or used car in Arizona. However, the Arizona Lemon Law (A.R.S. § 44-1261 et seq.) has a number of specific protections for consumers who purchase new or used cars in Arizona. But this applies in the situation where you find issues with the car itself, rather than a subjective wish to own it or not.

RGMacEsq :

I know this is probably not what you wanted to hear, but it's the law. I hope that clears things up anyway. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. If you do click "accept", or if you will in the future, please let me know so I can track these for my own reports and customer satisfaction stats. Thank you, ***** ***** good luck to you!

Customer:

What if i was to stop payment on the check? would they have to take the car back?

RGMacEsq :

If you were to stop payment on the check, they could pursue you under a breach of contract theory. They could take the car back, sell it again, and come after you for the difference, plus additional damages (repossession fees, court costs, attorney fees, etc...) The way it is right now is that this is a contract. If you don't hold up your end of the contract, they can sue you for that. Now that would be up to you if you wanted to fight it or not. But that's what you can expect if you breach it.

Customer:

ok thank you for your help.. i hope that they would see this deal as bad for me.. one can only hope..thank you again Tom

RGMacEsq :

My pleasure. I wish I could have given you better news, but the law is the law. I wish you the best of luck anyway!

RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Lawyer
RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Lawyer