How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steinlaw Your Own Question
Steinlaw, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 1811
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, top foreclosure attorney
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Steinlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Part 2 I spoke with a Resolution Officer at the Online

Resolved Question:

Part 2: I spoke with a "Resolution Officer" at the Online Mentoring Company. We were on the phone of an hour. She tried to convince me that I was confued about what the contract said. I explained to her that I was not happy with the fine print in the contract, I was told I would get six months of mentoring and the contract only said that I had purchased 11 hours. They also lied about who they were and how long they had been in business. I told her the contract also said I had 3 days to request a refund and that is what I was doing. She then tried to tell me that I could not break the contract. Now I have to spend another hour talking to someone else about my "confusion"

I wanted to know, do I have to give them any more information or explanation as to why I want to cancel my contract. Is there a buyers remorse laws in California? Do I have to sit though another hour of brain washing, so that I can get my refund.
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry you are going through this.

You have a 3 day right of rescission in CA, assuming they complied by giving you two copies of the notice and advising you of your rights. If they did not, your right of rescission runs until they do tell you. You have told them that you want to rescind within the 3 days. So, at this point, you should file a complaint with the Dept of Consumer Affairs in CA. You should also talk to an attorney about filing a lawsuit. My guess is that there are other folks like you out there and a class action may be the way to go.

Good luck.
Steinlaw and 4 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you