How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steinlaw Your Own Question
Steinlaw, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 1811
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, top foreclosure attorney
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Steinlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our medical practice used a vender for EMR. Due to cost we

Resolved Question:

Our medical practice used a vender for EMR. Due to cost we changed to a web based EMR after the contract was honored. Due to some monies still owed the vender is refusing to release our records. What are the legal implications.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 7 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Steinlaw :

They cannot hold the records just because there is money owed. The records are yours and they must be turned over. A complaint to the state Attorney General should get this resolved. But the records are yours. If they refuse to turn them over, file a complaint. If that doesn't work, then a letter from an attorney should resolve it.

Steinlaw and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Steinlaw replied 7 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions