Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I bought a cell phone over the internet from Walmart, it wasnt…

Customer Question
I bought a cell phone...
I bought a cell phone over the internet from Walmart, it wasn't what i wanted after trying it out. I had it only 6 to 7 days and canceled the service and returned the phone. The service provider (Verizon) now wants $453.63. Service I received was from 6/08 to 6/14.
What to do, I am 77 years dumb. XXXXX XXXXX;[email protected]
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/29/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. You cancelled timely? was there a full refund policy?

I ordered the phone during the last two days of May.

verizon started charging me from the the 31of may and I never received the phone untill the 7 or 8 of June. letstalk.com was the merchant that was acting for walmart and verizon and fedex was the shipper. It was setup that the phone could be returned for a full refund within 15 days.

If they wont credit you, consider a complaint to the BBB and state attorney general office and contesting the charge on your card as a chargeback.
<p>I didn't charge the phone on my card. The bill is from Verizon for every thing, the phone, service, everything. The refund for the phone was on the bill <em>Verizon mailed me an notification a 1.5% would be charged on unpayed bills.</em></p><p><em>Note:  Correction UPS shipped me the phone and I returned it by Fedex'</em></p>
Then pursue by bbb initially.