Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a issue with a repair shop, they were suppossed to be…

Customer Question
I have a issue with...
I have a issue with a repair shop, they were suppossed to be fixing my truck, after almost $2,000 it's no longer running. Every since the first day I was calling them about the problem now my truck is no longer working, you can't turn it on or anything. When I had it towed back to there shop, they told me I blew my head gaskets now, an they don't do that work " were done " is what the mechanic said. Help me solve this problem, we can't keep letting these people get away with this, and it's a common practice in some areas. Thank you for your time, hope to here from you soon.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/28/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Samuel-II, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Lawyer

hi

well, it is a matter that would need to be handled in FLA small claims court and you can file that yourself.

here is the information on the small claims process

you also can contact the FLA Attorney General to investigate for fraud and/or deception if you feel that is what is going on.

here is the AG's contact information.