Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

i purchased an automobile on saturday june 26 at about 4 30.

Customer Question
i purchased an automobile on...
i purchased an automobile on saturday june 26 at about 4:30. i signed all the necessary papers but did not leave the deposit. i told the salesperson before i signed that i did not think i could pay the amt necessary, but i signed anyway. i realize i can not pay. can i cancel the contract tomorrow.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/27/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: lwpat, Attorney at Law replied 8 years ago
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney at Law
Your argument would be that since you did not put down the required deposit that the contract is not legal from lack of consideration or that you understood it to not be binding until such time as you put down a deposit. The problem is that you signed the contract and you are expected to be bound by any signed contract. If it is a legitimate dealer they will probably let you out of the contract. However they are not required to do so.
do i have any recourse
Sorry but no you do not except to try as per my answer above.

an accept for my time is always appreciated. Even if you are on the subscription plan an accept is required for me to receive credit but you are not charged.