Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Asking about what qualifies for a car to fall under the

Customer Question
lemon law of Texas?...
Asking about what qualifies for a car to fall under the lemon law of Texas? I own a Nissan Quest, 2008. It is having A/C problems from my stand point. I have taken it into two dealers 7 times and have gotten the same results. After the second dealership replaced the compressor, condenser and expansion valve and the first dealership replaced the rear expansion valve, the second dealership told me that my van compares to the other vans on the lot. There is difference of 10 degrees from the temperature of the fresh air button and the re-circulation button. I checked today and at an idle my car showed a temp of 74 degrees for the fresh air button and a temp of 68 degrees for the re-cir button. With normal street driving the temp was 68 to 74 degrees with the fresh air button and 60 to 62 degrees for the re-cir button. The temp outside was 93 degrees. Both dealerships told me that this best I can expect for a van that has an under-engineered A/C unit. My question is should this Van perform like this and is it undersized and if not what can I do to get someone to fix it. By the way I have a Nissan X-terra and both instances my A/C there goes to 50 degrees and 48 travelling and 60 and 58 degrees idle. Both dealerships tell me that they cant do anymore.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/27/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Richard - Bizlaw
Did you buy the car new or used? How long after purchase did the A/C problem manifest itself?
I bought it new and it was like that and I did not realize that there was a problem until I road in a dealers courtesy van.
How long after you bought the car did you first complain? Was it in the first 12,000 or first year of ownership?
I had it checked on Oct. 3rd 2009 with 17,500 miles on it.

You are within the period for a lemon law claim. Whether the particular complaint is a question of a defect that cannot be repaired versus a system that is inadequate for the vehicle I cannot say. I suggest you contact the State DMV to make sure you follow all procedures. Here is the link that you can go to.

http://www.txdmv.gov/protection/lemon_law.htm

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.