Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I just got a Protective order agaisnt me from my ex husband…

Customer Question
I just got a Protective...
I just got a Protective order agaisnt me from my ex husband girlfriend. she had lied on it. and some of the things are true. not once did she say anything about how my ex husband ( her boyfriend) would come to me then go to her. that is what started it. he had her call me from his phone. and I just texted her and called her. I drove by her home to see if he was really there. I never went on her land. or drove by her work never knew where she worked till today. what can I do. she has been calling my work and I have gotten into trouble over this matter at work. I would like to know if there is a work party or anything that is going on. and since my ex husband and I work together can she go since I have to stay 1000 ft from her. does she have to be 1000 ft from me also.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/26/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

You have to comply with the order unless or until its lifted. The order applies to you...so make sure you follow it. IF there is a function that you believe she may be present at, you should not attend that function.

If you arrive at a function and see that she is there, you should leave immediately.

The order is enforceable against you (you can be put in jail if you violate)...if she violates (she approaches you) she can not be put i jail...but that could be used to request the court that the order be dropped.

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.
P. Simmons, Lawyer

OK THANK YOU NOW IF i AM AT A FUNCTION BECAUSE MY EXHASBAND AND I WORK AT THE SAME PLACE AND SHE DOES NOT WORK AT THE SAME PLACE WITH US. IF I AM THERE AND THEY SHOW UP TOGETHER NOW DO I STILL HAVE TO LEAVE OR DO THEY.

You will have to leave, since the order is issued to you.

NOW CAN I GET ONE ON HER FOR CALLING MY WORK
You can try...you can request to the court to issue an order for this...but typically the court will not issue an order unless there is a concern for your physical safety.