Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a Credit Protector benefit on my Citi card. My husband…

Customer Question
I have a Credit Protector...
I have a Credit Protector benefit on my Citi card. My husband took a medical leave beginning january 7th and I had my job eliminated the very next day!
He is back to work. However, I received my regular Citi statement and was told that even though I am NOT back to work, my benefit only covers me if I am on un-employment!
What's up with that? Citi recommended that I pick up the Credit Protector in case of a new home, job loss, new baby, etc. and said I would be covered for up to two years. Now, they billing me for the credit Protector fee on top of the original balance.
What should I do? I don't want to ruin my credit and have been paying for this Credit Protector for quite a long while...
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

The only way you're going to get this resolves is via threat of lawsuit; you can't reason with them about this. Want me to explain?

I thought I was consulting an attorney in my state (Indiana) for legal advice regarding my matter! What were you asking me to pay for??
Apologies. Unless you request a specific attorney, it'll go into a general stream. I can opt out and let you wait for an Indiana legal expert to step in, if you'd like.

My apology, as well. I'd like to wait for an Indiana legal expert, please.

thank you.

I am going to opt out of your question and let another expert opt in to help you. No need to respond to this message. Additionally, you do not have to stay online – your question will remain active and an email will be sent to you as soon an expert answers it. My apologies for the inconvenience. You have not been charged. Good luck.
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Andrea, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer

I see you have been waiting over 24 hours for an Answer and an Indiana Attorney. I am not certain if there is an Indiana Attorney with JustAnswer. If you would like me to help you, please let me know.

Thank you

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR