Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I went to a restaurant and ordered a salad. The salad had a

Customer Question

I went to a restaurant and ordered a salad. The salad had a bug in it, which made me sick and my friends sick as well. Later that evening I had to be seen in the ER for food poisoning like symptoms, and now a psychiatrist because now I see bugs all the time and everywhere. What kind of lawsuit can I file? I am in Texas.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 8 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. You can sue for medical expenses and costs. You can also have a consumer protection lawyer reach out and work out a settlement out of court.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you. Do you know of any attorney who will takethis type of case ona contingent basis? I tried to settle without getting an attorney involved, but all they want to pay me is $500! This is a mere insult! This doesn't even cover my $3,000 ER visit bill. I saw where a man was awarded $340,000 from just seeing a dead fly in a bottle of Culligan Water!
You can find local lawyers to handle it on contingency fee basis on www.martindale.com Unless you have serious injuries, a court wont award you six digits, but a few thousand is more reasonable.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have tried several attorneys and everyone is telling me that they will not condsider taking a case like this because it does not have any value, why is this? Suffering from depression and anxiety is a serious issue.
Because realistically a court may not award much and a lawyer doesnt want to take a case that may only result in a very small fee.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I see. Shouldn't the company be at least liabel for the medical expenses? They don't even want to cover that?
They should and consider having a local solo consumer protection lawyer pursue it who doesnt have much work. see www.lawyers.com You can also file a complaint with the BBB and state attorney general office or sue on your own with help from court clerk.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have filed a complaint with the BBB and the local health department. I tried to settle with them andthey offered me $500 and that's it. I mainly want them to settle for the damages and they do not want to do that. Are you able to represent me?
Site rules dont allow us I am afraid. You can find someone locally on www.lawyers.com and www.findlaw.com or referal from state and county bar associations.