Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I just signed a contract in Dunwoody, Ga for a dating service…

Customer Question
I just signed a contract...
I just signed a contract in Dunwoody, Ga for a dating service for $1900. Do I have a 72 hr
recission period?

Thanks,
Brenda
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/24/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Samuel-II, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Lawyer

hi

the law does not mandate how a cancellation policy should be allowed. it only states that the policy must be clearly stated so the consumer can understand it.

therefore, you will need to read the contract your agreed to and see what the cancellation provision states. and then you must follow that accordingly. for instance, in most cases, it states that it must be done in writing mailed certified with a return receipt requested.

the only automatic right to a cancellation within 72 hours is if the sale was unsolicited - in other words, if the contacted you door to door or via the telephone. that is unsolicited.

Edited by Samuel-II on 6/24/2010 at 12:19 PM EST