Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

bght car today broke down bought as is how long do i have to…

Customer Question
bght car today broke down...
bght car today broke down bought as is how long do i have to change my mind and return car bought as is from dealer why are u sending to vet expert ime askink about an automobile i purchased today
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/23/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Roger, Lawyer

You don't have a right to rescind or a buyer's remorse window with a vehicle purchase. Once you sign the agreement to purchase, you're obligated.

The only thing you could claim is that the seller knew of a defect with the vehicle and intentionally failed to disclose this fact to you, and that had you known of this defect/problem, you would not have purchased the vehicle. If you claim this, you shouldn't expect the seller to just roll over and take the car back and give you a refund. You'll have to sue to get this done.

If you don't do this, you're going to be stuck with the car. Plus, there's no guarantee that you'll win if you sue.

he must have known he first wanted 21,000 for car with an impossible down payment car had burnt spot on passenger rug andpassenger rug where u put feet got hot and wet and back passenger floor and metal part of seat that bolts to floor was hot but did not happen until u drove car for about an hour and he also called me back at 5pm to tell me come right down i willm drop price of car and pay u more for your trade in to drop price from 21,000 to 17,00 had to be done today wanted to clear inventory first he wanted 10,000 down payment which went down suddenly to 1,500 if purchased today my understanding is it was catalitic converter which he had to know about i am 60yrs old and could not check out car like i said it took a few hrs of driving it for it to happen dont i have 3 days to change my mind this was not rven 2hrs before it happened and he took my car and got rid of it right swsy todsy
All of this supports a claim for misrepresentation and intentionally failing to disclose the problems with the vehicle. You can threaten to file suit if the seller doesn't give you a refund. If the seller calls your bluff, you'll have to either sue or let it go.
whatever happened to 3 day return if ppppprobleeee,mmmm cant aford lawyer please help want car just for him to repair expensive job to fix expensive car 06 hummer please help need solution so far no help just good luck i have no rights as a consumerr

There has never been a rescission or remorse period in vehicle purchases. When you sign the contract, you're 100% committed to the purchase.

Because you bought the vehicle as is, there are no consumer protections - it is a "buyer beware" situation.

The only thing you can do is file suit against the seller for intentionally failing to disclose known problems with the vehicle. If you can't or don't want to sue, your options are severely limited.