Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Identity theft

Customer Question
My X-wife divorce final as...
My X-wife divorce final as of 25, July 2003 open a account with T-mobile using my ID and without my knowledge sometime in 2005 she default on the contract and T-Mobile sold it to a collect agency, in-turn on my credit report has a negative hit.
T-Mobile will not release an application nor supporting documents...state ID's. They stated I need to submit a subpoena to obtain those records.   Speaking with Milwaukee Police department fraud division, could not file an ID theft without T-Mobile bills and sign application. I e-mail Wisconsin Department of Agriculture Trade and Consumer Protection they stated T-mobile does not need a police report to provide me with the information there is no provision in the FCRA that requires a law enforcement report.
I am at a lost on how to proceed to get this information from T-Mobile; I have recorded the last 2 conversion...plus would love to sue these SOBs for not compiling with FCRA.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/23/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
I read your facts, is there a specific question I could help you with?