Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

i traded my car may 22 i still have no contract with the dealer…

Customer Question
i traded my car may...
i traded my car may 22 i still have no contract with the dealer and am still paying for the car i traded. can i demand my car back and give them theirs. they quoted me an 8.25 interest at that time and now they want 12.75.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/22/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
If you have no written contract on the car, then you have the right to return their vehicle and demand they return your vehicle. However, if you signed purchase agreement and are just arguing over the interest rate then you would have to argue that their misrepresentation or mistake voids the agreement, but if they have already sold your car because you signed the title over then you would be in a second dispute over getting money for your car versus what they will want to charge you for the use of their car during this time. In other words these cases are messy.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

no they have not sold my car nor have they paid it off. i am still obligated to pay for it. i signed 2 agreements one for 8.25 interest with no lender and one with capitalone as lender at12.75. now they are having trouble with capitalone. i am tired of messing with them and want to just get my car back and deal with someone else.
Unfortunately, you can argue they have to honor the 8.75 agreement since capital one will not loan you the money, but if you signed a purchase agreement (even if you did not sign the finance agreement) they could fight you over canceling that agreement and you can fight them that they have to honor the 8.75 agreement after a month has passed.
i am not really worried about the interest. i want to know since i am still paying for the caliber i traded for a hundai 1 month ago and they can't find a lender can i take back the caliber. i signed a financial agreement with capitalone but now they want me to sign an agreement with someone else. and it has been a month since i signed the 1st financial agreement with no lender.
You can go to them and allege breach of contract since they were supposed to pay your car off and use that as the ground for canceling your contract.
thank you very much i am going to try that.
Thank you.