Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My family (including yours truly) were staying at a 1st class…

Customer Question
My family (including yours truly)...
My family (including yours truly) were staying at a 1st class hotel and had the privilege of having complementary snacks and beverages in their special lounge. One evening while getting pa hot beverage from the counter, the refrigerator door, below the counter, accidently opened broke away from the hinges and fell against my leg. My leg was cut and two and a half months for the scab to finally fall off. Hotel employed a physician to examine me and determine a diagnonis and make recommendations. He determined that it was not broken, considered taking me to a hospital and recommended it was not a necessity. He did state that I should stay off the leg indefinitely until it healed. He did clean up the wound, applied an antibiotic and sent me to bed, where I stayed for the rest of the week, except to go to eat in a wheel chair. On the scene and supervising everything after the incident, was the night manager of this 6 star hotel. I required a wheel chair 95% of the time .
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/20/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Andrea, Esq., Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer

You can write something like this to the Manager:

Dear ___________

I and my family stayed at your hotel for ___days during the week of __________.

Our accomodations included a mini refrigerator which, unfortunately and unbeknown to us, had a defective hinge on the door which came loose and caused the door to fall off, injuring my leg. The hotel physician examined me, applied medication and bandages to it.

As a result of this injury, I was forced to use a wheelchair during my stay and could not enjoy my vacation as I had hoped. When I returned home, I was under the care of my family physician and because I am diabetic, the wound took over 2 months to heal. I incurred medical bills and was in constant pain during that time.

This unfortunate accident was the direct result of the failure on the part of the hotel to exercise ordinary, standard maintenance of the appliances they offer guests. In light of this, I am making demand on the hotel to compensate me for my costs and pain and suffering in the amount of $10,000.

Very truy yours,

___________________________________________________

Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you

That is the only way I get paid

Positive Feedback, BONUS are not required but they are a nice way to show you appreciate the expert's time and effort

If you have questions in the future, feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question

____________________________________________________

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Don't forget to leave positive feedback!