Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

Large dark scars (skin discoloration) appeared on both calves…

Customer Question
Large dark scars (skin discoloration)...
Large dark scars (skin discoloration) appeared on both calves a couple of days after a professional wax. I went today to the spa where I got the treatment. After seeing the scars their technician said that their wax did not cause it and that it is probably an allergic reaction or that I did not use sunblock. I am sure the wax caused it directly or indirectly; I used the same lotion and sunscreen I've always used.

Their technician said that it does not look permanent but that it will take a while to go away. They gave me a cream to try for two days and said to call back if there is no change. They also offered to refund the money for the lower leg although I got a full leg & arm wax. I asked if they had a dermatologist to look at it and they said no that their technicians are well trained that they look at skin all day but that I should consult a doctor.

The scars are large I cannot wear skirts, it is the summer and I am scared that they might not fully disappear. Please advice. TY
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/18/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 8 years ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
I agree you need to be examined by a dermatologist to determine the cause of the marks.
Did you see a dermatologist?

Was it caused by some defect in the wax they used? Were you able to determine what caused this? Do you want to pursue a claim against the spa that did this?