Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I need to find out if a used car dealership here in Florida,

Customer Question
has the right to keep...
I need to find out if a used car dealership here in Florida, has the right to keep $2500.00 of a down payment on a truck that my husband and I decided that we did not want to purchase. He originally left a $200.00 deposit on 5/13 (while he was actually working), for them to hold the truck. They had him sign a bill of sale/purchase agreement, with the $200.00 showing as a deposit on the total purchase price of the truck, not as a deposit to just hold the truck until he could come back, when he was off work and also decide how he was going to finance, if he decided he wanted the truck. He was in the market for a truck but this one was a bit more than he anticipated he could afford, so he went to his stock broker to see what he could get for some stocks that he had. Stocks were worth $11,534.62, the agency mailed the ck to dealer in their name) and they dep'd it. He still had to finance 7K more. He took me to look at it & after he test drove,decided he didnt want it. They insist on $2500.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/16/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
Hello and thank you for your question. What precisely do you want to know?