Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I paid cash for a new Nissan Altima 10 in April. Less than…

Customer Question
I paid cash for a...
I paid cash for a new Nissan Altima 10" in April. Less than 2 months in I've been having problems with my acceleration (it stalls up and sometimes it can't climb up in the garage). Twice I've taken it two Nissan and they say they do not see anything wrong with it. I told them in order to reproduce the problem the car has to be driven for two hours straight. They declined my request and instead fixed my car on someone else's assumption. Also, the service advisor and service manger only said 150 miles was driven on my car by them, when actually 300+ miles was driven (they manipulated the mileage). Other things went on to where I literally have gotten sick over the stress...... Do I have a case?

P.S. I've already filed a complaint with the manufacturer and they said I can't have a re-purchase or reclaim.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/17/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Steinlaw, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Steinlaw
Steinlaw, Lawyer
I am sorry you are going through this.

The Lemon Law attorney is right. You need to bring your car in three or more times for the same problem. That has not happened yet. But, before you bring it back, take it to an independent mechanic and have him/her inspect the vehicle and see if they can replicate the problem. If they can, you will have a stronger case to argue with Nissan that they need to do more to fix your vehicle.

Good luck.

Johnathan,

Thank You for getting back with me quickly. I just have a few more questions:

1. Can I still use the Georgia Lemon Law even if the Nissan dealership could not re-duplicate the problem, which they denied on re-duplicating (because they did not want to drive the car for two hours straight)?

2. Can there be anything done to Nissan for manipulating the mileage and putting extra miles on the car?

3. I am paranoid to drive the car, my life as well as other could still be in danger, and I've literally gotten sick over stress.......... Do I have a strong case to sue Nissan? Can I sue Nissan dealership and/or Nissan manufacturer?

4. What kind of lawyer do I need to look for to handle this case?

5. Every since I've gotten the car back it drives funny, meaning the steering wheel is hard to turn, it does not glide as it once did. Since I'm having all of these previous problems and now this is, plus I paid cash, is there a loop hole to get my money back or a replacement?

6. No one will ever let me speak to the Owner or GM of the Nissan dealership, Nissan manufacturer (corporate) will not let me speak with anyone other than a specialist: Is there a way to get contact information for the president of Nissan or someone with a higher authority to speak with?

1. You can use it if you can indepdenly obtain evidence that the car has a problem and they refuse to fix it.
2. Probably not.
3. You may have a case. It is going to depend on who can validate the problem and what they tell you about it.
4. Look for a lemon law attorney.
5. No loophole. It has to be the SAME problem 3 times.
6. I would search for the zone manager for Nissan. Call a few dealerships and someone will give you that person's name.