Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

This concerns order #6057439-667. Tina answered but I had a…

Customer Question
This concerns order #6057439-667. Tina...
This concerns order #6057439-667. Tina answered but I had a problem with it. She suggested contacting the state consumer protection agency, but then just referred me to the State Public Utilities Commision. I had already contacted them and they simply wrote back that no rules or regulations had been violated.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/9/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Tina, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Tina, Lawyer
Chat Conversation Started
Tina :

Hello again. I did indicate that you seek the assistance of the state consumer protection agency. I did not know that you had already done this of course.

Customer:

Right. I didn't think to mention that.

Tina :

I would retain an attorney to draft a demand letter then as there are no other free or low cost alternatives. While they have not technically violated any regulations, the fact that they did assure you the problem would be resolved can give rise to an oral agreement, which they should fulfill.

Tina :

Please let me know if you need clarification.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

___________________________________________________________________________________

Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time when I have answered your question. Positive feedback and a bonus are always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: This open forum is for educational purposes only and cannot constitute legal advice. It is recommended that you seek representation by a local attorney for all legal matters. I understand that you may be disappointed by the answer you received if it is not favorable to your situation. I work diligently to provide you with the correct answer under the law, whether it benefits you or not. Since I have no control over the development of the law, I ask you not to hold that against me. Please remember that I may not have critical facts concerning your situation unless you provide them to me. As always, I continue to be dedicated to providing you with professional and courteous service.

Customer:

What is frustrating is that I'm pretty sure if I can reach anyone else in PG&E or the CARE program they would probably OK the retro. Can you suggest any way of doing that?