Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My problem is with PG&Es CARE discount program. I dont know…

Customer Question
My problem is with PG&E’s...
My problem is with PG&E’s CARE discount program. I don’t know if this is their own charity or whether it is subject to any regulations. Briefly, I was told that I was accepted into their program some years back, only to learn last February that only the electric part of my bill was accepted. On inquiring further I found that my unit has mistakenly been classified as multifamily. They corrected this and now both bills are covered. I was told that the gas account would be “retroed” and to wait for further instructions, but after not hearing back about this, I called and the supervisor I spoke to said that the company was under no obligation to do that. Do you know of a way that I can reach any one higher up in the chain?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/9/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Tina, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Tina, Lawyer
Chat Conversation Started
Tina :

Hello. I am working on your question now.

Tina :

I would contact the state consumer protection agency of the attorney general's office and file a complaint about this matter. Since they assured you that the problem would be corrected and it has not been, it is time to get the agency involved in trying to resolve the matter for you.

It may take some time, but the complaint should remedy the issue. Your other option is to retain a local consumer protection law attorney and have them draft a demand letter to the company

Tina :

Please let me know if you need clarification.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

___________________________________________________________________________________

Please press the "accept" button so I may be credited and paid for my time when I have answered your question. Positive feedback and a bonus are always appreciated. Thank you very much.

NOTE: This open forum is for educational purposes only and cannot constitute legal advice. It is recommended that you seek representation by a local attorney for all legal matters. I understand that you may be disappointed by the answer you received if it is not favorable to your situation. I work diligently to provide you with the correct answer under the law, whether it benefits you or not. Since I have no control over the development of the law, I ask you not to hold that against me. Please remember that I may not have critical facts concerning your situation unless you provide them to me. As always, I continue to be dedicated to providing you with professional and courteous service.

Tina :

Do you need clarification?