Consumer Protection Law

Consumer protection law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I have a daughter who helps take care of me and my 82 yr old…

Customer Question
I have a daughter who...
I have a daughter who helps take care of me and my 82 yr old Dad and cooks and cleans and runs our errands. I am permanently disabled and he is not well either. She just started taking care of us and her husband is in jail. I want to know if there is a discount for me to be able to pay her taxes, social security, and all the other things that have to be paid.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
6/9/2010
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 8 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

What do you mean a "discount?" If the sum would be less if you paid her taxes? Or if you could write off paying her taxes as "charity?"

I mean will they take more out of my disability check to pay for her taxes because I don't get very much a month or will it be the same as everone else'sa. Also how does the gov. figure out what to charge and what other kinds of taxes and misc will they take out of my check and what will come out of her's.
Does she work? Do you share a bank account?
No, we do not share a bank account. She only works for me and my Dad which she just started.
Do you pay her or not?
yes