How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steinlaw Your Own Question
Steinlaw, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 1811
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, top foreclosure attorney
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Steinlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I trusted a law firm with my information and they gave not

This answer was rated:

I trusted a law firm with my information and they gave not only my information but my state income tax check along with a personal check of mine to another address. It has taken 4 months to finally find this out . I feel violated and i am frustrated with the firm. I made my payments on this judgement 6 months before they refused my payments and sent them to different address. They managed to send me letters to go to court. I lived at same address for 4 years. What can i do
Was this your law firm or did they represent the other side?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Stillman Law represented Credit Acceptance. I have had no attorney throughout this whole ordeal...

I am sorry you are going through this.

Your only recourse would be a lawsuit against them for violating your financial privacy. You could talk to an attorney about filing a lawsuit against them. Thats about your only recourse.

Good luck.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I figured that much but is it worth it I would have to hire attorney this could drag on for ever and still not know how this started. How much would an attorney cost .. I know I am no body to them and they still sleep good at night. I Dont
You can probably find an attorney to handle it on a contingency fee basis. So it shouldn't cost you anything. I would pursue it, if I were you.
Steinlaw and 5 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you