How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steinlaw Your Own Question
Steinlaw, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 1811
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, top foreclosure attorney
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Steinlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently lost my Medicare part B plan,because I was not

This answer was rated:

I recently lost my Medicare part B plan,because I was not eligible for SUPPLEMENT (medicare) insurance. I wasn't told that I would lose the only means for helping me with my disabilityHealth Ins.) I sign the papers at the Social Security office in 2009 unaware that I would be uninsured. Now I have a hospital bill of over a $1,000.00 dollars from going to the ER 2 weeks ago, and still having problems with my foot,,which was why I went. No insurance and I'm a diabetic. What can I do to correct this problem since the Soc. Sec. Office has told me that I have to wait to enroll next year. I don't have next year,I need affordable ins. now. I was only paying $90.00 in premiums a mth. for medicare pt. B and frankly, I can't afford to pay higher. What Ins. Co. has excellant benefits and under a $100.00 to help me?
I am sorry you are going through this.

Unfortunately, it is too late to get insurance. Insurance won't cover the old hospital bill. However, talk to a social security appeals attorney. These attorneys work on a contingency basis and only get paid a percentage of the benefits you are awarded. You can find one at to appeal your denial. This should be free to you.

Good luck.
Steinlaw and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you