How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Steinlaw Your Own Question
Steinlaw, Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 1811
Experience:  Consumer law attorney, author of California Debt Blog, top foreclosure attorney
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Steinlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a bank puts a judgement on one, because he is no longer

This answer was rated:

If a bank puts a judgement on one, because he is no longer able to pay on the credit card account and has no income and is retired, can the bank freeze your bank account, put a lien on your home, attach your S.S. deposit. Please tell me everything that is possible if there is a judgement placed. I live in FL and am eighty years old. Your answer to me on 10/29/09 was not very complete.I will pay you again this time, also.
Thank You
Where did the money in the bank account come from?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It is money I got from selling some of my possessions and some that I saved from


social sec. and very small gifts.. I'm using it up slowly for food etc...



I am sorry you are going through this.

Any money that is not social security they can take. They can place a freeze on the bank account. You then have the burden of proving that the money is social security. You would have to request a hearing in front of a judge to have the lien removed.

Good luck!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

My final question, before I pay you is what if the money is not in the bank that issued the credid card (s).


Thank you for your help.

IF the money is in a different bank, they can still attach that money. Once they have a judgment, they can go to any bank to get your money.
Steinlaw and other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions