How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 118769
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My car was damaged during towing. Car is AWD and shouldnt

Resolved Question:

My car was damaged during towing. Car is AWD and shouldn't be towed using wheel lift, they should use a flatbed. After my car was dropped off ,the check engine indicator showed up on the dashboard. Center differential was damaged. The driver from the towing company tried to cheat, he wrote on my receipt that my car was towed using flatbed.I took the pictures that my car was towed using wheel lift. I need to get my car fixed. What is the next step? Where should I go? The towing company is a private company.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Your next step is to serve the owner with a demand for your damage to the vehicle if you want and if not your next step is filing a lawsuit against the tow company for the damages if the owner doesn't want to pay the damages.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What kind of documents do I need to fill a lawsuit? (photos,receipt from repair shop,what else?)
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
You need proof of the damage and photos, that is it. Depending on amount of damage if it is less than $5000, you can sue in small claims court and you do that by going to the local civil court clerk and ask for the small claims forms and fill them out and file them.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If I have a receipt from the shop, photos of my car during a towing. I have found information in car manual ,,...Never tow your Audi,towing will cause damage to the engine and transmission.To prevent unnecessary damage your Audi must be transported with a car carrier ( flat bed truck)...'' Is that enough??
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
That is pretty much all you need.
Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Consumer Protection Law Specialists are ready to help you