Consumer Protection Law

Consumer Protection Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

Consumer Protection Law

I submitted to a background check for employment with fedex ...

Customer Question
I submitted to a background...
I submitted to a background check for employment with fedex , at their Chicago location, which included providing my drivers license, my social security number, seven year employment history and address history. I just today received a report from Intelli Sense, the reporting agency showing me with a very serious criminal background and the kicker is when I looked this person has a middle name I don''t, the birthday is XXXXX and the dates are wrong for for my residency. This report was sent to Fedex and they sent me a letter stating if this is true...basically I will not be offered employment. The reporting agency was very negligent and did not do the necessary checks and double checks they should have, instead they sped of the information to Fedex. I contacted IntelliSense (the reporting agency) and they are dragging their feet I have also filed a complaint against them with the FTC, but this does not really help me as an Individual...HOW CAN I GET JUSTICE?!
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Consumer Protection Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/13/2008
Consumer Protection Lawyer: Infolawyer, Lawyer replied 9 years ago
Infolawyer, Lawyer
You should focus on clearing your name first. the agency is probably pickingup information from other sources too. Possibly a case of identity fraud which you need to clear up. If you think the agency didnt do its due diligence, consider a lawsuit for your damages as well.
Infolawyer, Lawyer