I need a Repairman to come for a service call. Just a few minuets. I need time to get that. John Deere Skid Steer 317

Expert's Assistant chatimg
Customer: I need a Repairman to come for a service call
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: Just a few minuets. I need time to get that.
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: John Deere Skid Steer 317 Work Pro 2004 serial #Too 317 A 112046*
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: Thank You
JA: Is there anything else the Agriculture Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We Have a Hydraulic Leak in the front under the bucket. It's been down for over a year. The Battery says it 8is charged and it was a new battery. the control panel lights up but but it does not turn over. we have the bucket in rest position so we cant remove the battery
Answered by Field Tech in 8 mins 2 months ago
imglogo
Field Tech
Auto Mechanic
logo

Specialities include: Auto Body Technician, Heavy Equipment Repairs, Heavy Duty Engine Repairs, Brake and Transmission Repairs

Hello and thank you for using Just Answers

I can help walk you through how to do this. We don't have a way to get you an onsite service call. If you tell me where your located I can look into getting a number for someone.

Customer
Model#317 skid steer (2004)
Serial#T003l17112046
Ok do you want me to walk you through how to get the arms up so you can change the battery?

Have you tried putting charger on the battery or jump starting it?

Customer
That would be a good start. Am not convinced that the battery is the problem. Have charged it and overhead lights come on but starter doesn't make any sign of life.

If you can't get the unit started you can use a forklift or excavator to lift the arm up you will need to have some lines to hook up to the arm hoses and something for fluid to go into unless your not worried about making a mess remove the hoses from the cylinders and lift the arms up then block the cylinders and keep the lifting machine in place then you will have full access and just lower the arms down reconnect hoses and top up hydraulic tank should be on your way after that

You said the battery has 8volts right if so you just need to jump or charge the battery first you can put the positive jumper on the battery and the negative on the engine block or another bare metal surface I know the battery is in an awkward to get to spot

Some of these machines do have an emergency lower valve under the floor pan it will have a red handle on it if this model has one then you don't need to remove hoses from cylinders

Where you able to get your machine running?

Feel free to contact me on this chat feed and Thank you for using Just Answers.

Read less
unlike
0 Likes
logoBack
logologo
Field Tech
logo
logo
logo
Auto Mechanic
imglogo
Field Tech
Auto Mechanic
logo

Licensed mechanics

Pearl avatar
Steve Pearl, Mechanic's Assistant
14 Mechanics are online right now.