Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a JCB 508C Telehandler. It moves forward or backward…

Customer Question
I have a JCB...

I have a JCB 508C Telehandler. It moves forward or backward 10 feet then stops moving. When you switch off and switch back on after a couples minutes, it moves again about 10 feet.

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your car?

JCB 508C TELEHANDLER

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the car Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I don't think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
7/29/2022
Mechanic: Bobcat Master,
 replied 1 month ago
Bobcat Master
you need to check the foward and reverse relays they are in the fuse and relay compartment look at the operators manual for details
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We checked the relay and fuses already. They were good. The transmission screen had a few cuttings in it. Does it have a sensor in the transmission which could be doing this?
Mechanic: Bobcat Master,
 replied 1 month ago

no sensors, you could have a failed shifter which is a common issue

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The reverse buzzer is coming on when we shift to reverse, but the machine is still won't move. It like the machine neutralizes itself. We unplugged the neutralizing pedal thinking it may be shorting but it still doesn't move
Mechanic: Bobcat Master,
 replied 1 month ago

ok so you need to check the shifter signals

you need to check to see if the signal is lost from the shifter to the harness you can backprobe you shud see voltage in foward and reverse coming out to the tcm

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We were getting a signal at the forward and reverse solenoids. Don't know if there was a breakdown in voltage.
Mechanic: Bobcat Master,
 replied 1 month ago
do s it do it in reverse and forward?
Mechanic: Bobcat Master,
 replied 1 month ago
You can disconnect the switches and see if you loose drive,
Mechanic: Bobcat Master,
 replied 1 month ago
If you feel electrically your ok , then the engagement forks on the transmission may have come loose
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We are probably going to pull the transmission tomorrow. Is it possible for you to send me the transmission fault finding options from number 17. Thank you.