Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a takeuchi tb145 it starts and runs great but if i…

Customer Question
Hi i have a...

Hi i have a takeuchi tb145 it starts and runs great but if i shut it off after it is warmed up it will not start .when i turn the key and a it goes through all the light sequence but the starter doesnt crank over. if i let it sit for a few hours it will start. not sure what to check first ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the failure to crank happened before with this vehicle?

No just started to do it the last few times i used it

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year of your unknown-word?

I think its a 2001 but 100% sure

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a VIN or any serial numbers?

14510947

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

It has about 3900 hours on it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/29/2022
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Happy Memorial Weekend!!!!!!!!

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as essential to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I go offline at 3 pm CST. M-F

Weekend 2 pm CST for the day

What you are describing is a starter getting weak,, burned armature or worn brushes

I suggest having it tested FREE parts store. If it is original, I suggest replacing the starter.

I hope this helps you.

It doesn't do anything . doesn't even click like it's trying to start . When it's cold I can start it 10 times in a row with no issues

Thank you for the response.

OK, I still believe it is the starter in my opinion.

Using a voltmeter, go to the starter and measure the voltage on the small wire on the solenoid, during cranking.

If you have 12 volts, yes it is the starter.

how do i tilt the cab to get to the starter ?

Morning,

raise the loader and make sure that you install the loader support bar. then standing in the door way at waist height on the right and left side there will be a 2 bolts that you need to remove. then go to the rear and at the lft side cab hinge there is a pin, remove the pin. then go to the front and tilt the cab towrds the back, this may take 2 people, especcialy if the cab shocks are no good. once the cab is up go back and install the saftey pin in the rear

This is an excavator is it the same as a skid steer

This is for the Takeuchi tb145, so yes.

it is

That i the directions I gave you for TB145

Ok thanks

Welcome..........

Can you tell me what year my takeuchi tb145 excavator is the serial number is ***** ?

Per JA  rules, that is a different subject .and requires a new question opened.

but it is a 2000.

Ok thanks but I needed to know to order the starter

Ok, that is fine.