Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Cat 299D2 locked out due to code dpf status high, most

Cat 299D2 locked out...

Cat 299D2 locked out due to code dpf status high, most severe

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model 299D2, serial *****************

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Try to fix ourselves,

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

How to put in regen

5/25/2022
Mechanic: PAPA Chris, Technician replied 6 months ago
PAPA Chris
PAPA Chris, Technician

My friend, unfortunately,  if you are at a lockout you will need a dealer to assist you as they will have to have connect with the dealer service tool, find the fault that caused the soot load to get to high and them perform a regen.

How do we preform the regenMachine will run and move, just can’t enable regeration

If the machine has no faults that is preventing the regen, and the soot level isn't to a point that the dealer will need to clear code, just simply let the machine idle parked and the regen will take place on its own.

PAPA Chris
PAPA Chris, Technician
Serviced tool required? Is the Cat with a laptop?

The 299D does not have a switch or a place in the display to force regen. Just leave it parked with the arm rests up and the parking brake on and if it has no faults or the soot level is not too high it will start its regen on its own. If it does not n go into regen, or if the regen stops before it has time to clear its self, your local Cat Dealer will have to assist you.

Yes a Derler version of ET with a laptop will be required if it will not complete a regen on its own.