Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

The female attachment on the skid steer is stuck. 242 d cat…

Customer Question
The female attachment on...

The female attachment on the skid steer is stuck

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make, model, and year of your heavy equipment?

242 d cat 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the steering wheel lock up while driving, while idling, or while parked?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

No not really. Just that l can't attach the male end into the female end on the machine

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
What should l do?
5/23/2022
Mechanic: PAPA Chris, Technician replied 2 months ago
PAPA Chris
PAPA Chris, Technician
Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you

For you have the electric locks on yours?

*do you?

I don't knowI don't know much lolThere's buttons with symbols but l have no idea what some meanThe male end won't hook up either. I watched a video about releasing the pressure but l don't know what the rocker switch is. I tried all the different switches but... nothing

No problem, I'm here to help.

Down behind the bucket, do you see two handles between the bucket and the loader frame?

The handles that secure the attachment? Yes

Yes. If your taking the attachments off then both handles must be up

Make sure the attachment is resting on the ground

Handles are up attachment is on the ground( not hooked up)

Does the attachment have hydraulic lines connected to it?

.or is it simply a bucket?

It's a hydraulic jackhsmmer that l'm trying to hook up but the lines on the skid steer are pressurized l think

https://youtu.be/sAjQHg0sGXE

This video may help. If the engine is off simply push in on the lines and it will relieve the pressure

Sorry that was a C model which is different in that it has a bleed off switch

https://youtu.be/qvzNF27JJCY thos is the correct procedure for the D series.

I watched that video 10x but l just did it again and now it worked . Thx . I don't know how you did that!?I got it going

Fantastic. Please make sure when installing the attachment,  that the locks fully engage the mounting plate. Of not the attachment can come off and land in the cab with you.

Please let me know if i can further assist you.