Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My 763 bobcat has very weak and slow movement forward or…

Customer Question
My 763 bobcat has...

My 763 bobcat has very weak and slow movement forward or back and very weak lift and tilt. I have full hydraulic fluid and good engine idle and engine power and response. Is it the pressure switch ?

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has the radiator been leaking? Has the vehicle overheated recently?

No leaking radiator no overheat

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the model and year of your Bobcat?

763 I do not know the year ID ####-##-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have a VIN or any serial numbers?

All I have is the metal placard bobcat 763 G series ID ####-##-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I got the red flashing hydraulic warning light while I was plowing my driveway in January. After that when I would start it the signal would flash and shut down the machine for safety. But that stopped this spring and I had no problem until yesterday. Very little hydraulic power.rning light and i

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/4/2022
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc. Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine. If the hydraulic oil level is topped off with an operating range, I recommend changing the hydraulic filter for the purpose of inspecting the existing filter internally for what looks like fine metal or glitter in the oil and filter. If found, this would confirm a pump or component failure existing on this machine and the need for a rebuilt pump or component as well as cleaning out all of the other components within the system from that contamination to prevent cross contamination.If all this is clean, you will want to have your pump pressures and flows checked and verified that they are within the factory specifications for your machines model and serial number service book.

I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further advice is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.