Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

60xt skid steer having problems with a lift they go up and…

60xt skid steer having...

60xt skid steer having problems with a lift they go up and down but I can't pick up any weight it moves real slow

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I'll get the identification number next time everything works fine except the left and real slow

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Construction Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

That's the only problem I'm having going forward and reverse is fine turning is fine it's just a lift that are not working as they should change the filter

5/4/2022
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
The hydraulics are separate from the drive function, a different pump. Your hydraulic pump is most likely worn to the point it has no volume for speed, and will not produce the pressure needed for the hydraulics The pump is the rear pump # 6 in the parts link below.
Anyway to check the pump for a pressure and how much pressure does it take number six is the elbow pump this number five
That's identification number on my machine so the machine has two pumps one in the front and one on the back

Sorry, been on the road for the last 6 hours. The rear pump should be the hydraulics, unless there is a pump on the front of the crankshaft. Pressure with any hydraulic function bottomed out, needs to be around 2300 psi.

Trying to take it off I got it unbolted the lines are off how do you pry it out is there a special trick to it it turns back and forth but I can't get it out of this slot with a shaft goes

JUst slips in, it's stuck.

Thank you try to pry it out easily but it should slip right out it's probably stuck being in there so long

Two screw drivers in the slot, and pry out.

I put new hydraulic pump on the skid steer before I put radiator back on is there anything else I should check that might be affecting the lift from working properly is there hydraulic solenoid survives that I could check before replacing radiator
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 months ago

Just new oil and filter.

I'm putting the oil new oil filter like a set I don't replace the hydraulic pump what effect did the hydraulic broom have by using the accelerate pedals

don't undestand the last response. (

effect did the hydraulic broom have by using the accelerate pedals)

Never had problems with the machine anybody a bucket with a broom attachment to sweep parking lots and that is when my hydraulics quit working for the arms wondering if a solenoid is burned out I got weak valves that control the flow for the hydraulic that interferes with the arms were rising and lowering

So the bucket cylinders work, just not the boom? Does the pedal feel like it moved the valve or is it locked up? The valve body has a solenoid to block the function if the seat or seat belt is not in the circuit. Solenoid could be bad or wires off to it. Valve has two, one for the bucket function and one for the boom function.

Everything works the arms go up and down the bucket can be to the be tilted but the arms go up and down real slow like not enough hydraulic flow or pressure to say so if I put that forks on her I cannot lift too much weight. And everything was working fine before I put the hydraulic broom on

Did you pull the filter and check it for debris? The broom hydraulics could have had debris, and now is in the skidsteer. Slow movement is the flow. Power for the system is the pressure.

That was the first thing I did was replace it with a new hydraulic filter make sure it wasn't plugged up have the same problem so I decided to put new hydraulic pump which is on there now I drain the hydraulic filter which is going to have brand new hydraulic oil but after I replace it with a new hydraulic filter it's at the same situation the arms lifted up they worked but they went up real slow and came down real slow to curl the bucket was the same situation so maybe it's a solenoid not working right and which solenoids are the one that controls the flow for the lift is there any way they could be checked

60XT uses foot pedals for the functions? So the foot pedals have to move the spools, if the lock solenoids didn't work, you could not move the pedals. So the problem is not the two lock solenoids. The control valve has main pressure relief, #1 in the picture, and a flow type valve, # 13, take these out and look for blown rings or plugged orfice.see the link below.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician