Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Case TR 320, serial #NEM482784 with an error code…

Customer Question
I have a Case TR...
I have a Case TR 320, serial #NEM482784 with an error code 4752 (command plausibility check). I have checked the wiring harness and cleaned all connections. I switched the two connections for the swash plate angle sensors and when I went to start the machine it moved to a 4754 code because it was reading from the what should be right ground drive connector. So that tells me it is just something wrong with the left side. Is it for sure just a bad swash plate sensor? I had a tech from Case come out and he spent three hours apparently doing nothing because its not fixed and now he is saying that I need a new pump priced at 11k. This makes now sense to me because the problem has been intermittent. It had started up and moved fine for a couple minutes before and now its pretty much not able to drive out of its own shadow.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
4/24/2022
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc. These fault codes are related to your sensors within your hydrostatic drive pump and drive motors. This could be a faulty sensor or wiring related issue.Be sure to check inside the hydraulic filter and oil for any traces of fine metal or what looks like glitter in the oil and filter that would flag internal mechanical pump or component problems existing. If all this is clean I would also recommend having your pump close and pressures checked to verify that they are within the factory specifications for your model and serial number equipments service book.

4752 – Left Swashplate angle sensor - Implausible command, command does not match with swashplate angle. There are several potential causes here.You could have a problem with sensors for your swash plate angle or wiring, a possible pump adjustment or calibration related problem, faulty pump, etc. any type of fine metal or other damage within the oil and filter found that would confirm internal mechanical problems existing. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

I switched the two plugs to the swashplate sensors and tried to move it and it threw the 4754 because it was reading off of the opposite plug so that would lead me to believe its not a wiring issue or else it would still be reading 4752. The tech said he put the sensor back into spec and also put heat shrink on the tab to “take the slack out”. How can I confirm it is definitely the sensor? The machine only has 1600 hrs on it so the idea that the pump is so worn down doesn’t make sense to me

I do not have schematics for your model and serial number but I did find a downloadable version of the service book for a very reasonable cost outside of the long wait to get a copy from the dealer and high prices.

https://therepairmanual.com/case/case-tr320-tv380-track-loader-service-manual