Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have an 03 vermeer cx218 and the rotator motor doesn't

Have an 03 vermeer...

Have an 03 vermeer cx218 and the rotator motor doesn't rotate cab. It loads the pump and I have pilot pressure. Need some help

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

*****************

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I e checked controls and all work but rotator

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Equipment Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Fluid is good clean and full

Answered in 1 day by:
4/10/2022
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician
Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine. If you have confirmed that all other functions on the machine both travel and all of your work equipment functions are working normally with exception to swing, thoroughly inspect inside the control valve spools and your relief valve cartridges for your swing motor function for any trash or debris as well as any scorinng or damage within the valves that would cause them to stick or malfunction. Check for any faulty O-rings as well. Look for any sign of what looks like fine metal or glitter within the oil and filter that would indicate a component failure existing on this machine. Check your swing gearbox oil level and condition for any traces of metal or other trash and debris that would indicate a swing gearbox failure exists that would also cause the symptoms you are experiencing. Uncouple the swing motor from the swing gearbox so you can raise it out of the swing gearbox and confirm whether or not the engine still loads and if the swing motor will actually turn when it is not coupled to the gearbox. This would help isolate a problem with the swing motor itself needing replacement or rebuild, or with the swing gearbox causing an excessive load resulting from a gearbox failure. If everything is clean you will want to  have your flows and pressures checked and verified whether or not there within the factory specifications for your model and serial number machines service book. I hope you find this information helpful. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.
Dan, Technician